Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mi familia!

I found out today who I'll be staying with while I'm in Spain. Her name is Sofia, and apparently, it's only her in the house, so hopefully we'll be able to chat a lot and she can help me get closer to becoming fluent. And the best news is....I'm "0 minutes" away from campus...meaning, I have a very short walk! Some of the kids in my group are quite a bit farther away, so I'm very thankful I'm close by. I can't believe it's almost here-it's a very surreal feeling. I don't think it will hit me until I'm on the plane, or maybe once I land in Madrid and realize that no one around me speaks English...what an adventure!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i went to another country (mexico) the other day and got close with some girls too, now im fluent in awesomeness... haha have fun becca!!

Andy Lindeman said...

You should keep us updated on how things are going once you get there too! :-)

D.Cooper said...

Hi Becca!

I was reading Jon's blog and saw yours on here! Good luck and God speed on your trip! We got back from Pitt last night...their apt. is cute and both schools are great..just too far away! Love,
Momma Coop

Shannon said...

Hey Darlin!! Well it sounds like things are starting off well, I'm so excited for you! I love this little blog thing, you better stay on top of your updates. The more I can stalk you, the better! Anyways I'm just hanging out in AU, classes are still going well. Still don't have a boyfriend, but I did get a marraige proposal from this army boy I met, so things are looking up. I'll have to give you the complete story when you return. Love you!!