Friday, June 29, 2007

¡Mi ultimo día de escuela!

Hey everyone! Well, time is winding down! Today is my last day of school, and by the time most of you all read this, I´ll be done! School has been incredible-I never thought I´d learn so much in only a month. We´ve done a really intensive study of the past tenses (there are a lot in Spanish and can be very confusing to differentiate!) and I feel like I´ve learned so much. I´m definitely going to be using all this information one day in a classroom! My teachers are PHENOMENAL-I love them! I got to talk to Cruz, my first teacher, about teaching Spanish and different ways to make it easier and more fun to learn-she makes me so excited about teaching-I want to start now! She gave me her email address, so I´m sure we´ll be in touch. She said she has a ton of material she could share with me! How exciting!
We get our final evaluations today, so we´ll see how much I´ve learned and what they think of my español!
I love Salamanca so much, but I think the thing I´m going to miss the much is school and my teachers-class is actually FUN to come to, and they´re always really encouraging and whenever you´re wrong, they just correct you and keep going-it´s great! I wish I had a native speaker to follow me around all the time and help me...

Spanish has also gotten easier....and harder! I´ve realized how much more I need to learn, and a lot of it is going to be on my own, and not in a classroom. But the other day Cruz was talking, and I swear it was English because I understood everything! This trip has helped me to think in Spanish, so now I don´t spend all my time trying to translate words in my head...I just know them! But, I still have a long way to go. This trip has kind of ¨reinvigorated¨me to study more and be the best that I can be at Spanish.

We leave Salamanca at 3 AM on Sunday morning, and I´ll be in town Sunday night around 10 PM....but it´s going to feel like about 3 AM to me! It´s going to be a long day of traveling, but I´m so excited about coming home! I´ve gotten all my stuff packed already, and it fits better than when I came...don´t ask me how!

Well, I´m off to my last 2 classes-I´ll let you know when I´m home! Thanks for keeping up with me-I´ve loved your comments and emails. They´ve helped me feel like home is closer! Love-Rebecca

No comments: